We love that we set aside a day to honour our Mom, our Makazi, our Ma – the mother-figure in our life, the woman that raised us.
From bombarding us with butterfly kisses daily, brushing the dust off our tear-stained faces after a fall, to giving us advice – whether we wanted to hear it or not… she has always been there for us. And whatever you call her, Mama, Moeder, Ma’we, or Mommy, at any point in our lives, no matter our age, we know that we can always call on our Mother.
Celebrating Mothers from all walks of life with Avroy Shlain
We are proud that our Avroy Shlain family comprises of many women, moms of every generation, all shapes and sizes in each of our regions. There are grandmothers, friends, guardians or relatives who have taken on the role of mom, more fondly called Rakgadi, Mamzo, Gogo. Some are mothers to one, some are executive home makers, whilst others still work full time, and all deserve a medal for the work they do.
It needn’t matter whether she was mother by birth. She is the Beautifully African, selfless, strong and inspiring role model we always had.
A Moeder is soos an engel! She fills the shoes that only a phenomenal woman can and the bonds we have formed transcends any barrier – distance, time, space, even death, and we honour them today.
Though one day is simply not enough to showcase our love and appreciation, we set aside this time to pause and celebrate our very own personal superhero that wears an invisible cape. Here are some of our top picks for the best Mother’s Day gift ideas this year.
5 Mother’s Day gifts Mom will L-O-V-E
Your Mom is your first friend, best friend, and forever friend! Make her day and show her you appreciate her with these Mother’s Day gift ideas, and new products she’ll love:
- Say ‘I feel truly honoured to call you Ma’ with the NEW Truly Honored 50ml EDP, a floral fruity scent with top notes of pink pepper, apple and plum. She’s worth a delightful scent that celebrates her honesty and sincerity. Only R249 in our April 2021 brochure.
- Being a mom is a 24-hour, 7-day a week job. Spoil Mamzo with some time-out and an at-home spa with our Body Essence range of products. We especially love the Limited-Edition Coconut and Lime Scented Bath Milk and Body Yoghurt range. Both for R199 this month, this is a budget friendly indulgence to give her some much needed me-time – because any woman who loves herself, will love others.
- She puts you first, making sacrifices to make you feel safe and secure. Truly value Ma with an elegant Floral Handbag or honour her timeless beauty with the classic Black Croc Shopper bag she’ll be proud to show off on any occasion.
- To enhance her best Beautifully African features, get her the gift of make-up that lets her live her beauty her own way. Our Coppélia Liquid Lips are perfect as they last all day long and won’t fade even after meals. That’s more time for being Mum and less time fussing about re-applying lipstick!
- Truly adore her and treat Ngono to the best skincare. CRT’s range of products are clinically proven to rejuvenate the skin and keep her looking happy and youthful. A lovely gift to appreciate her for holding it together through the toughest storms.
For more gifts to surprise and delight all Moms this Mother’s Day, view our April brochure for the best Mother’s Day sale items now. Hurry, while stocks last.
At Avroy Shlain, beauty is our passion, and we share in the beauty and diversity of our Moms, encouraging you to live beauty your own way, in whatever way that means to you. It is with the most gratitude that we say Kgealeboga, Dankie, Siyabonga, Enkosi – Thank you to every mother on this special day. That’s why we help thousands of moms across Southern Africa put food on their tables and educate their children. For more information about how Avroy Shlain in making a difference, or to join, click here.
Nominate your Momma
Is your mom a selfless caregiver, one who picks you up when you are down, forgets herself just so she can give you a better life? Why not honour her, by sending in a nomination and you could WIN. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram pages to find out more.