WIN A TRIP TO MAURITIUS COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
Avroy Shlain (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “the Promoter”) is a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa and the Promoter’s registered address is Growthpoint Business Park, 162 Tonetti street, Midrand, Gauteng.
The Promoter is launching a promotion named The Power Master Win a Trip to Mauritius competition and any person who decides to enter the competition (hereinafter referred to as “the Entrant”) agrees that they have read and understand the Terms and Conditions of this competition as set out below and are binding on the Entrant in their personal capacity.
- A trip to Mauritius worth R120 000 and R30 000 spending money.
- Prize includes (to the value of R120 000):
- All transfers to and from airports.
- Flights to Mauritius (inclusive of all taxes and surcharges)
- Accommodation at a resort of the prize winner’s choice (within the country of Mauritius), which includes meals as provided for by the resort.
- Additions as required by the winner to the value of R30 000.
- The winner will be put in contact with the Promoter’s appointed Travel Agent in order to make custom arrangements for a trip to Mauritius up to the value of R120 000.
- The duration of the trip is 7 days and is valid for travel within 12 months of the prize being awarded. This cannot be extended.
- All travel arrangements, dates of trip, transfers and number of travelers can vary in accordance to the specifics of the winner, provided that the value of these arrangements falls within the stipulated value of R120 000.
- These terms and conditions and promotion rules contain certain terms and conditions which appear in similar text style to this clause and which:
- May limit the risk or liability of the promoter or a third party; and/or
- May create risk or liability for the entrant; and/or
- May compel the entrant to indemnify the promoter or a third party; and/or
- Serves as an acknowledgement, by the entrant, of a fact.
- The entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
- The Entrant’s attention is drawn to these terms and conditions because they are important and should be carefully noted.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Entrant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
- The Entrant acknowledges that by submitting his or her entry to the promotion he/she has been given an appropriate opportunity to first read these terms and conditions before entering and he/she understands and agrees to the terms and conditions.
- All Entrants to this promotion participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these terms and conditions, the Entrant hereby indemnifies the Promoter, the Promoter’s directors, employees and/or agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the promotion and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or willful misconduct of any indemnified party.
- The closing date for an entry is midnight (CAT) on 2nd December 2017. Winners will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by the closing date. Sponsor’s decision will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not transferable and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted. Winners will be notified by telephone, email or regular mail. The winner will have 7 days from receipt of the prize notification to claim their prize by responding on email. If the winner has not claimed their prize within this period, the Promoter will be entitled to select an alternative prize-winner.
- The prize must be taken, and travel completed, as per the dates of the prize. Black-out dates and restrictions may apply. Dates will be set and communicated upon notification
RULES OF THE COMPETITION
- This competition starts on 1 October 2017.
- The competition ends 2 December 2017.
- In order to qualify as an Entrant for this competition:
- The Entrant must live in the Republic of South Africa or neighbouring states;
- The Entrant must have a valid passport and produce said passports on booking of the prize trip;
- The Entrant must provide correct and full personal details, as required;
- The Entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual.;
- Unused, expired and redeemed prize cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned. Any value remaining once the booking is completed may not be exchanged for cash.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the promotion at any time. In the event of such termination,
all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- This Competition contains one draw; the prize shall be drawn within 2 (two) weeks of the closing date of the competition.
- Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the competition (including the Promoter) or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the competition. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the competition as a result of this rule.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury, or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the competition, including as a result of any Entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries lost, or delayed in computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- Cancellation fees may apply if the trip is cancelled. Cancellations in the event of hospitalization or death would require a death certificate/doctor’s letter. In the event of cancellation, the winner would be given the opportunity to rebook to the same value – less any cancellation fees that apply. Cancellations within 8 weeks of travel will be non-refundable and the trip would be voided – unless in the case of hospitalization or death.
- The prize is subject to resort availability. Peak season dates such as Christmas/New Year and school holidays may be unavailable or require that the winner pay a further balance directly.
- If the prize letter is misplaced, the winner will not be able to claim the prize. The prize letter must be produced at time of booking with the travel agent.
- Name changes are not permitted once the booking has been made and airfare tickets issued.
- Bookings must be made at a minimum of 8 weeks before departure.
- Exclusions will depend on the package booked and can include:
- Meals not specified.
- Kids clubs
- Motorized water sports and excursions are excluded and can either be pre- booked or paid on arrival at the resort.
- Items of a personal nature.
- Travel insurance is highly recommended and can be added at time of booking.
- This prize may be governed by further terms and conditions put in place by the travel agent and/or the operator of the chosen package. These terms and conditions will be explained to the winner at the time of booking.